Has anyone every tried the furminator? http://www.furminator.com/
My corgi is only 6 months old-- can I use it on her?

We use a rubber spikey thing now and it gets some out, but she still sheds like crazy!

Thanks in advance!

Views: 342

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes, we recommend it, it is for sale in the web store and here's a review by David and Kiyo

Find more videos like this on MyCorgi.com
This is one of the best product my husband and i have ever used. We have used everything from brushes to scrapers, this is by far the best.

You can also order them from jefferspet.com.
Can't live without the furminator!! It feels a bit sharp to the touch, but as the instruction states, pull the brush out and up (instead of digging towards the skin), and your corgi shouldn't feel any discomfort. In fact, Bryson likes it so much he will usually flop down and chill during furmination!
Furminators are an absolute MUST. I've tried slick brushes, rubber spikey brushes, all kinds of brushes. None of them have been as effective as the furminator. I sound like an infomercial, i know, i know. that's how good it is. Plus, afterwards, bunni's coat feels softer. She tolerates it more than the other brushes too.

Now you just have to find a place to throw them away...Bunni likes to leave her "furmination" session to chase after and eat (eww) the floating corgi hair puffs.

Yeah, it's expensive..but it's oh so worth it. trust.
I saw I could get it on eBay for so much less than the local pet store (save about $20!) I will defintely get mine there when it is time.
The furminator is a good product. But shedding is natural for a corgi. They shed year round because of the double coat, and have usually 2 heavy sheds during the year. Brushing everyday helps. Also, the dirtier your corgi is, the less he will shed because of all the oils.

I have to bathe my corgi once a week because it's so humid in Hawaii, and he sheds a lot the next day after the bath.

You might as well get used to all the shedding. Next time you plan on getting a dog, maybe do some research if you don't like so much shedding. Curly haired dogs like poodles don't shed at all.
Wow, that is a great video. I am definately going online and buying one of those before my Corgi arrives. Around what age can the FURminator start being used?
It can be use anytime, it doesn't hurt to use it, remember you want to brush it and lift the brush at the end of each stroke.
You know, I have a furminator, which I love. Best purchase ever. But Theo really doesn't shed that much. Maybe he's dirty...but I give him a bath every 2 weeks, so he can't be that dirty.
Theo still has you in the honeymoon stage...just wait... the hair will come!
This is an AMAZING product. I use it on Gizmo, my boyfriend uses it on his cats, and all three of them are happy campers! The shedding has been cut down IMMENSELY (though, of course, not 100%), and I only have to vacuum about once a week, instead of every other day. It was expensive. But it's paid for itself already, as I don't have to buy lint rollers for my couches anymore!

It makes Gizmo more comfortable, too, because she's not as itchy with all that extra loose fur. Plus, I don't have to worry as much about all that fur clogging my drains when I bathe her.

I would definitely recommend it.
I got my Furminator from amazon for about $25. It works wonders! I know that when I vacuum now, there is a lot less fur in the canister. Crazy! :-)

With 2 corgis in the house it works wonders. I'm not exactly sure how it works so well... but from the patches of fur all over my backyard, it works. Enjoy!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service