Has anyone ever done this to their Corgi?

We are seriously considering it as Colbert has super thick corgi fur and we live in grotesquely humid Charleston, South Carolina.

He already has a deviated septum which results in him clicking while panting and we would like for him to not get heat exhaustion or heat stroke because he loves to keep up with our chowbrador and aussie cattle dog while playing hardcore fetch.

Views: 3074

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good info! I would never shave mine but we live in Michigan so heat is not a huge problem.
Thanks! I live in Denver, so extreme weather goes both ways. Your corgis are incredibly cute, but the way.
O'Ryan, Banjo and Starbuck's mom, this was the best post I have read regarding shaving your corgi. Thank you!
Awesome post! Very informative, love the pie crust example :)
That picture's soo weird..
Oh my...this I would not do. Please don't shave your Corgi...they need their fur and their dignity.
"Dignity"!!!! LOL I love it.
I just found this on Facebook. Everybody is entitled to do what they think it's correct and in the best dog interest, but... I don't know. I hope the hair grows back soon. : ( But, would this be a lion cut in a corgi?

Oh that poor little thing...
I do believe thats about as close as Lion Cut your gonna get in a Corgi and a very dangerous cut to give if I may say.
That's what you get for herding so close to the sheep... looks like one of the shearers got the dog, too.
My wife, the spinner, says that dog hair is too short and brittle for spinning, but the Pacific Northwest natives had a dog bred for its fur, they used it in their clothing.
I recall when Gwynn was spayed, her belly fur seemed to take over a year to grow back.
Will some of you dogs please weigh in on this issue? Nobody's asking you. Tell us what it's like to have your fur shaved off in a hot climate.
Oh the humanity! It's worst than the cone of shame :(

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service