Views: 23667

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I found a place that sells it!!! They didn't have any on stock but will have some in on Friday afternoon!! Can't wait to start it. I will be monitoring him on it to see how he does on it. I am so excited to get Kota on a healthier diet.
I feed Lance Natural Balance: Duck and Potato and he seems to be doing good on it, as well as liking it!
We just switched to Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul, both puppy for Rafa and adult for Lucy. Too soon to tell, but I'll keep you posted. It got the highest rating from Petfood Ratings http://www.petfoodratings.net/dogtable.html, a 5 star, and also the only 5 star rating with only a $$ cost out of $$$$. Coincidentally, when we switched to this food, Rafa started scratching. I looked for fleas or dry skin and found neither. Of course on a tri, it's hard to see fleas. I started worrying that it was from the new kibble. Then yesterday Lucy started scratching A LOT. I examined her, and with her light belly it was easy to spot a couple of fleas. We gave them a mild flea dip, but I'm surprised to find fleas since we use advantage monthly and haven't had a flea problem all summer, and we live in S. CA.
once a day she gets one large frozen 85/15 hamburger, it is defrosted in the microwave, and she has 1 cup of a good quantity dry food.
I do think that Rafa's coat has improved since the change to Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul. It's thicker and shinier. However, hard to know if this is just normal maturation from puppy fuzz to a more adult coat. Given the high nutritional rating and the cost, I hope this food turns out to be a winning formula for both Lucy and Rafa.
OCT 8 RECALL

Blue Buffalo - FDA Link
Lily eats Royal Canin medium puppy 32, but slowly I am introducing Taste of the wild...
Does anyone knows about this food? I've heard that it's like having a stake with no fat at all. Jimmy is already having it and is doing great , but Jimmy can eat anything and never get sick.
My goal is to have both in the same food, one not so expensive as Royal Canin, but with lot's of quality.
A GSD breeder friend of mine sent me this link, http://www.petfoodratings.net/dogtable.html, to compare nutrition and cost of pet food. After reading this simple chart of nutrition/cost, I switched from Iams (puppy & adult kibble) to Chicken Soup For The Dog Lover's Soul for both my puppy and adult corgi. My corgis have never looked or seemed healthier in every way, eg. coat, shine, shedding, stools). Obviously both love it, but what food doesn't a corgi LOVE? In addition, I switched Rafa at 5 mo. to adult rather than puppy kibble. I read a lot of articles indicating that adult food was healthier for the bone development of corgi pups.

FYI: I also add a capsule of flax seed and an omega 3 to their kibble. I started this when my corgi, Dylan, very late in his life (12), started getting terrible hot spots, dry skin & lost most of his hair. It didn't help Dylan, but it didn't hurt. So, I've added these supplements to both my corgis' dinners, since they were small pups. I am not recommending this. It was just a suggestion someone gave me for Dylan. However, Lucy and Rafa's coats are shiny and perfect. But, I can't say they wouldn't be exactly the same without these 2 supplements.
Ditto to this for my two adolescent Cardis - except I don't add supplements, but mix the Chicken Soup adult kibble with Innova adult canned food (larger part kibble to canned ratio). They're doing great, thankfully. BTW - I tried Wellness and Chicken Soup canned before Innova (but Dewi won't eat Wellness and Jon doesn't tolerate the CS canned).
I feed our puppy Wellness just for Puppy and our adult get Wellness Lamb barley and salmon. We recently switched from Purina one and pro-plan for puppy after learning how bad it was.
There's so much variety out there!!

I feed Biscuit twice a day, 60gms minced beef or chicken or occasionally salmon or chopped steak, 60gms rice, 1/2 - 3/4 cup purina supercoat adult, and she occasionally has treats like an egg, tinned tuna (in springwater), some sour cream or some shredded cheese stirred through in the evening. She sometimes gets a carrot or some pumpkin as a treat, and now we're heading into summer I'm going to freeze some meat pieces in water and let her lick them around the yard!

We don't buy pet meat, we buy bulk for ourselves and I just do up and freeze a fortnights meals at a time for her.

Wesley Belcheer, can you link me info on purina? The breeder we bought Biscuit from recommended it and we've just stuck with it.

Thanks!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service